What Happened to Ariro After Shark Tank India?

Spread the love

What is Ariro?

Ariro Wooden Toys is a toy company with a focus on becoming every child’s first toy. The Ariro logo is really interesting. It has both Tamil & English A letters combined. Ariro makes simple, handmade, eco-friendly toys for kids.

Who is the Founder of Ariro?

Vasanth Tamilselvan & Nisha Ramasamy are the founders of Ariro. They launched the brand Ariro in 2020.

How much money did they ask for Ariro?

They came to Shark Tank India seeking ₹50 Lakhs for 2.5% equity in the company. Which gives the company a valuation of ₹20 Crores.

Equity split of Ariro

It’s a bootstrapped company and both the founders own 50% equity of the company.

Vasanth did his MS in social work. He previously worked in another venture, which was later leased out to Times of India. Nisha is a computer science engineer. Later she studied Montessori.

But how did this journey start?

In the childhood, a kid consumes a lot of plastic. Because they tend to bite everything.

When they had their first daughter, they faced the same problem. They wanted to provide the safest toy to their child. But it wasn’t available. So they decided to make their own toy.

Ariro Before Shark Tank India?

They got in touch with a carpenter and made unique wooden safe toys with neem wood. This neem wood is antibacterial & antifungal.

The target group for Ariro is zero to three years old. They have launched 100+ products. Some of the popular products are Neem Wood teether, Pikler Triangle, Jungle Gym, Balance Toy, etc.

What are the Monthly Sales of Ariro?

They are doing monthly ₹30 Lakhs of sales. Their product price is slightly expensive because everything is made by hand.

Sales split of Ariro

80% of their business is coming from their own website and the rest 20% is coming from other marketplaces.

What are the Annual Sales of Ariro?

They are doing ₹3 Crores sales per year and among that 50% ~ 60% is gross margin. They are a profitable company.

Online presence of Ariro

They have a strong presence on social media. They do content marketing on Instagram. They have 1917 posts and 94k followers (At the time of writing this content).

Which shark gave Ariro an offer?

Everyone except Namita Thapar was interested in the business. Namita Thapar was out because she thought the pricing could be an issue and the products are not tested in the global market yet.

Ashneer Grover gave the 1st offer. He offered ₹50 Lakhs for 15%.

Aman Gupta & Peyush Bansal offered ₹50 Lakhs for 15% also.

Anupam Mittal offered ₹50 Lakhs for 12%.

Offer 1Offer 2Offer 3
Ashneer Grover – ₹50 Lakhs for 15%Aman Gupta & Peyush Bansal – ₹50 Lakhs for 15% alsoAnupam Mittal – ₹50 Lakhs for 12%

So, there were 3 offers on the table.

What deal did Ariro get in Shark Tank India?

There were some counteroffers back and forth. The founders really wanted Aman Gupta & Peyush Bansal. That’s why they gave a counteroffer of ₹50 Lakhs for 10% to only Aman & Peyush. Which gives the company a valuation of ₹5 Crores.

Company NameAriro Wooden Toys
FounderVasanth Tamilselvan & Nisha Ramasamy
Asked Amount₹50 Lakhs for 2.5%
Final Deal₹50 Lakhs for 10%
SharksAman Gupta & Peyush Bansal
Company Net Worth₹5 Crores
Company Websitearirotoys.com
Company StatusIn Business

Aman Gupta & Peyush Bansal took the counteroffer. The deal was on.

Spread the love

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *