What Happened to Ghar Soaps After Shark Tank India?

Spread the love

Who is the Founder of Ghar Soaps?

Sayyam Jain & Sunny Jain are the founders of Ghar Soaps. They are siblings. It’s a skincare brand. You don’t see two guys pitching a skincare brand every day in Shark Tank India. It has a unique fusion of both Ayurveda and science. The brand currently offers skin, body & hair care products. They both own 50% equity in the business.

How much money did they ask for Ghar Soaps?

They came to Shark Tank India seeking ₹60 Lakhs for 2% equity in their business. Which gives the company a valuation of ₹30 Crores.

Sayyam Jain was a very bright student. But he didn’t complete his 12th standard. He was a topper in his class. He used to score 98% in his academics. He was interested in digital marketing.

He started a business when he was in 11th. But he was scammed by his partner. Later he pursued other businesses in his life.

Ghar Soaps Before Shark Tank India?

The story of Ghar Soaps started with Sunny Jain. One neighbor gave Sunny soap as a gift. The quality of the soap was really good. Sunny thought of making this a big business. That’s how Ghar Soaps was formed.

Sayyam Jain had previous experience in making websites and running ads. So, he quickly made a website in a day and started running ads on it.

What are the Annual Sales of Ghar Soaps?

Fiscal YearAnnual Sales
2022 – 2023 (Quarter 1)₹1.5 Crores

August 2022 sales ₹1 Crore. Last month’s sales ₹80 Lakhs

In ₹1 Crore sales, they are making ₹15 Lakhs profit. The marketing cost is ₹25 Lakhs.

Sales split of Ghar Soaps

They are doing 75% of sales from their own website and the rest 25% is from different marketplaces.

Marketing cost split is 75% performance marketing and 25% influencer marketing.

Which shark gave Ghar Soaps an offer?

Namita Thapar was out because she invested in a skincare company in Shark Tank India season 1. As there was a conflict of interest, she couldn’t invest in Ghar Soaps.

Amit Jain was out because he couldn’t find any unique propositions in the business. He wanted to hear about more depth but that was missing in the pitch. That’s why he was out.

They have a wide range of products, not only soaps. They want to add a technical side to this business. They want to create an application where the application will scan the face of an individual, and provide different solutions for the skincare.

Sayyam takes care of the marketing & branding side of the business. Sunny takes care of the operations and supports the execution of the business. They appreciate each other’s work.

Peyush Bansal was impressed with the founders, he offered ₹60 Lakhs for 10% of the business. Which gives the company a valuation of ₹6 Crores.

Anupam Mittal gave the same offer. Then they both combined the offer.

Aman Gupta gave the same offer.

Offer 1Offer 2
Peyush Bansal & Anupam Mittal – ₹60 Lakhs for 10%Aman Gupta – ₹60 Lakhs for 10%

In Shark Tank, I think sometimes sharks just repeat the offer.

They gave a counteroffer, of ₹1 Crore for 5% of the company.

Aman Gupta gave another counteroffer, ₹60 Lakhs for 4% of the company.

Peyush Bansal & Anupam Mittal matched that offer.

Company NameGhar Soaps
FoundersSayyam Jain & Sunny Jain
Asked Amount₹60 Lakhs for 2%
Final Deal₹60 Lakhs for 4%
SharkAman Gupta
Company Net Worth₹15 Crores
Company Websitewww.gharsoaps.shop
Company StatusIn Business

What deal did Ghar Soaps get in Shark Tank India?

They chose Aman Gupta and the deal was final at ₹15 Crores valuation.

Spread the love

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *